Buffalo Bills: 2016 Draft Linebacker Options Part II
Linebacker is a major area of need for the Bills since it was one of their worst performing units last season. On top of that, they lost a couple of players this offseason for various reasons. The Bills opted not to extend a tender offer to Ty Powell, free agent Nigel Bradham left Buffalo and signed with the Philadelphia Eagles and would be second-year linebacker A.J. Tarpley recently retired from the NFL due to health concerns. The Bills also recently released linebacker Tony Steward.
More from BuffaLowDown
- Buffalo Bills: Josh Allen and the 5 salary cap hits for 2023
- Buffalo Bills: Grading every Brandon Beane 1st round draft pick
- Buffalo Bills: Brandon Beane clearly concerned with Josh Allen
- Buffalo Bills: This Senior Bowl offensive lineman is a dream draft pick
- Buffalo Bills could replace Devin Singletary with this Senior Bowl RB
The team did add two linebackers to the roster this offseason in Zach Brown and Lorenzo Alexander. At the current moment, Brown is expected to start alongside Preston Brown as the team’s two middle linebackers in their base 3-4 defense. The other linebackers on the roster are Max Valles, Jairus Wynn, Preston Brown, IK Enemkpali, Randell Johnson and Kevin Reddick.
The Bills still need to add more talent in the draft if they want to improve upon last season’s poor play at the position. Look for them to add one linebacker at a minimum. Let’s take a look at some of their options starting with Kyler Fackrell.