Buffalo Bills: 2016 Draft Linebacker Options Part I
There is no question that linebacker is a major area of uncertainty for the Buffalo Bills heading into the offseason. The linebacker unit for the team this past season didn’t do very well, although, you can say that about most of the defense in fairness.
More from BuffaLowDown
- Buffalo Bills got it right by selecting O’Cyrus Torrence in the 2023 NFL Draft
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting Dorian Williams in 2023 NFL Draft
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting O’Cyrus Torrence in 2023 NFL Draft
- Fred Jackson set to announce Round 2 draft pick for the Buffalo Bills
- Buffalo Bills Draft: Explosive playmakers to target on Day 2
Nigel Bradham, one of their starters from this past season, is a free agent and the Bills might not have enough cap space to be able to re-sign him. Due to their financial restraints, it’s not likely that they will be able to pursue an impact player at this position during free agency.
Below is a look at the Bills current depth chart which I pulled from the team’s official website. I circled the linebackers in red. If the Bills do not bring back Bradham, they will be even more depleted at the position leaving only Lawson, Brown, Tarpley, Reddick, and Valles on the roster for next season.
They need to seriously consider picking one or more linebackers in the draft to improve this position. For this reason, we are going to explore some of the options available in the draft in a multiple part series that will allow Bills fans to become more familiar with the teams options.
Next: Myles Jack