Buffalo Bills: Last five games vs New York Jets
Week 1 of 2020 got off to a fast start as the Buffalo Bills offense scored early and often.
For every NFL team, coming into the 2020 regular season with little to no offseason prep and preseason, the Buffalo Bills sure didn’t look like they needed it. The Bills scored on three straight possessions to open the game, started by a 2 yard run by Josh Allen. The Jets only managed a field goal at the start of the second quarter before the halftime score was 21-3.
More from BuffaLowDown
- Buffalo Bills were ready to trade back if they couldn’t get Dalton Kincaid
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting Dalton Kincaid in 2023 NFL Draft
- How the Buffalo Bills can win Day 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft
- Buffalo Bills having conversations about trading for DeAndre Hopkins
- Buffalo Bills Draft Rumors: Bills linked to this shocking first round target
It was in that second half that the Bills ran into trouble, where things just weren’t as crisp as before. Buffalo whiffed on some tackles and let Jamison Crowder score a 69-yard touchdown through the air.
It was also Tyler Bass’ first game as a rookie, and it showed for him. He went 2/4 on field goals for the day, but as we all know went on to have a phenomenal season (including literally winning the matchup listed before this one). Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen went 33-46 for 312 yards and two touchdowns, while also being sacked 3 times.