Reggie Ragland, Alabama
Weight: 259 lbs
Projected Round: 1
Reggie Ragland is coming off a terrific senior season with the Crimson Tide. Ragland lead Alabama’s No. 2 ranked defense with 90 tackles on his way to winning the SEC Defensive Player of the Year Award. He has a thick frame at 6’1″ and 259 pounds. Reggie is a physical force to be reckoned with on the field.
More from BuffaLowDown
- Buffalo Bills got it right by selecting O’Cyrus Torrence in the 2023 NFL Draft
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting Dorian Williams in 2023 NFL Draft
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting O’Cyrus Torrence in 2023 NFL Draft
- Fred Jackson set to announce Round 2 draft pick for the Buffalo Bills
- Buffalo Bills Draft: Explosive playmakers to target on Day 2
Ragland is great against the run. He’s not an overly special athlete but has great instincts and is extremely tough. Ragland is probably the best inside linebacker in the draft. He’s not only smart and instinctive, but he also is known to hustle and get dirty just to make a play.
Reggie may struggle in coverage at the NFL level. He doesn’t have the pure speed to keep up with running backs and the elite tight ends at the pro level. He may not make a good fit for the Bills because Preston Brown struggled at times in coverage last season and that is one of Ragland’s’ weaknesses as well.
There are also some concerns that due to his physical nature his body could wear down quicker than other players who don’t play as rugged of a style. He is projected by many to go in the top 25. There’s a greater chance of Ragland being on the board when the Bills draft at No. 19 than Myles Jack.
Next: Jaylon Smith