The Miami Dolphins drafted a total of 7 players in the 2017 NFL Draft and made just two trades during the draft.
I hate to say it, but the Miami Dolphins had one of the better drafts this year, in my opinion. With their 7 picks (which came in all the rounds except the fourth), they cashed in on a bunch of players that will fill needs for them this season.
The Dolphins ultimately made improvements to their defensive line, linebacker core, cornerback group, offensive line and even added a valuable receiver.
CBS Sports loved grading their draft, giving them a B-, B, B+, A+, A+, A and A throughout the draft. They got a defensive end that can start day one, two defensive tackles that can eventually start, a wide receiver that can produce day-one, a linebacker that will start, a cornerback that will add depth and a guard that could come in and start.
Overall, I’d say it was as uccess for the Miami Dolphins team that will look to return to the playoffs this season. The Buffalo Bills won’t let that happen.
Let’s look at the two trades that took place:
- Dolphins trade their fifth round (166) and fifth round (184) to the Eagles for a fifth round (164) and sixth round (194).
- Dolphins trade their seventh round (223) to the Bucs for a seventh round (237) and a 2018 seventh round.
And for their 7 draft picks:
- Round 1 (22): Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
- Round 2 (54): Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
- Round 3 (97): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson
- Round 5 (164): Isaac Asiata, OG, Utah
- Round 5 (178): Davon Godchaux, DT, LSU
- Round 6 (194): Vincent Taylor, DT, Oklahoma State
- Round 7 (237): Isaiah Ford, WR, Virginia Tech
That does it for the Buffalo Bills‘ 2017 opponents and who they drafted this year. Overall, we will see A TON of top rookies next season.
Bring it on!
Here’s another cool read. The Buffalo Bills have a bunch of players returning from injury this season. Staying healthy will be one of the main factors for the Bills this season.
Which rookie are you most concerned about seeing this season? Leave your thoughts below!