1995: Oilers fast start dooms Bills
The Bills had won three straight meetings since they famously came back in the AFC Wild Card Game. But Houston was having none of it during the 1995 holiday season. The scoring in this one started in the second quarter when Anthony Cook recorded back-to-back sacks, the latter of which on Todd Collins recorded a safety for Houston.
After that, they were off and running, scoring 28 of the first 31 points in the game. Two Alex Van Pelt touchdowns in the fourth quarter made the score semi-respectable, but there was no comeback in this game as the Oilers won the game 28-17.
More from BuffaLowDown
- Buffalo Bills were ready to trade back if they couldn’t get Dalton Kincaid
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting Dalton Kincaid in 2023 NFL Draft
- How the Buffalo Bills can win Day 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft
- Buffalo Bills having conversations about trading for DeAndre Hopkins
- Buffalo Bills Draft Rumors: Bills linked to this shocking first round target
Next: 2005: Bills get last say in offensive affair