Aug 20, 2015; Cleveland, OH, USA; Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Danny Shelton (71) takes on Buffalo Bills offensive guardJohn Miller
(76) during the first half at FirstEnergy Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
When the Bills entered training camp. quarterback was perceived by many as the biggest weakness on the team. However, as we’ve progressed, I’m more concerned about the offensive line.
More from Buffalo Bills News
- Buffalo Bills were ready to trade back if they couldn’t get Dalton Kincaid
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting Dalton Kincaid in 2023 NFL Draft
- How the Buffalo Bills can win Day 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft
- Buffalo Bills having conversations about trading for DeAndre Hopkins
- Buffalo Bills Draft Rumors: Bills linked to this shocking first round target
This doesn’t mean there aren’t some positives, starting with Wood, the Bills offensive line leader at the critical center position. Also, regardless of what people may think of Incognito as a person, his offseason addition provides an upgrade to the unit as a whole.
Rookie Miller has held his own during training camp, and the reality is that right tackle is the only position up for grabs on the starting unit. However, regardless of who wins between Henderson and Kouandjio, they’re both making the final 53-man roster.
In effect, this leaves two open spots on the team, with Richardson and Urbik currently looking like the best bets – unfortunately highlighting the lack of quality depth on the o-line. Look for Ryan to try and improve the situation one way or another, between now and 4:00 pm ET on September 5th.