Buffalo Bills: Breaking down the snap counts from Week 6
These are some key takeaways from the snap counts for the Buffalo Bills in Week 6 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
For the second straight week, the Buffalo Bills were on the losing end this time by a final score of 26-17 to the Kansas City Chiefs. Unlike their first loss, the Bills had almost their entire roster available and weren’t forced to account for too many injuries.
However, this didn’t stop the coaching staff from shaking up the playing time and these are some of the key takeaways when reviewing the snap counts in Week 6.
Buffalo Bills offense
The biggest takeaways from this game were the snap split between the Bills two running backs as Zack Moss was active for the first time since Week 3. However, Devin Singletary remained the primary running back playing 75% of the snaps against the Chiefs while Moss played the remaining 25%.
The Bills run game has been one of the biggest disappointments to start the year as they have struggled to generate any type of production on the ground. The two backs combined for only 42 rushing yards on 15 carries. It would not be surprising to see the coaching staff start to change up the workloads to get this part of the offense going.
Buffalo Bills defense
The defensive side of the ball saw the biggest change as the team made Trent Murphy and Harrison Phillips healthy scratches for this game. The team leaned on Jerry Hughes and Mario Addison as the starters with both playing around 60% of the snaps.
It was the backups that changed significantly as A.J. Epenesa and Bryan Cox Jr., who was just called up from the practice squad, saw roughly 30% of the snaps.
At defensive tackle, with the absence of Harrison Phillips the Bills turned to Justin Zimmer, who also was called up from the practice squad, as he ended up playing 44% of the defensive snaps against the Chiefs.
One injury the Buffalo Bills did have to account for was at linebacker as Matt Milano missed another week due to a pec injury. The team has typically turned to Tyrel Dodson to replace him but Dodson suffered a hamstring injury. This opened the door for A.J. Klein, who ended up playing almost the entire game and on the field for 88% of the defensive snaps.