We are a week away from the NFL Draft, and more and more scenarios begin to play out with who may trade to where and how much it may cost. The Buffalo Bills have plenty of holes to fill, and I would love for them to come away with a haul like this.
Each week, fellow BuffaLowDown contributor Justin Baumann and I have put together a mock draft. In the process of doing each mock draft, I have learned a lot about players, trades, and the depth of this draft class. The more I learned about all of those areas, the more I have my heart set on the team picking several players.
This is my ideal draft for the Buffalo Bills. I have plenty of trades and try to fill needs that I feel are the most important. With this being my ideal draft, I know that when the draft comes around that these players may not all be where I have them, but I believe that they will be available in this range.
As of right now, I could see the top 10 going like this:
- Cleveland Browns – Sam Darnold/Quarterback/USC
- New York Giants – Saquon Barkley/Running Back/Penn State
- New York Jets – Baker Mayfield/Quarterback/Oklahoma
- Cleveland Browns – Bradley Chubb/Defensive End/NC State
- Denver Broncos – Josh Allen/Quarterback/Wyoming
- Indianapolis Colts – Quenton Nelson/Guard/Notre Dame
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Derwin James/Safety/Florida State
- Chicago Bears – Denzel Ward/Cornerback/Ohio State
- San Francisco 49ers – Roquan Smith/Linebacker/Georgia
- Oakland Raiders – Tremaine Edmunds/Linebacker/Virginia Tech
I do not at all expect the top 10 to look like this on draft night. I can easily see three or four trades happening inside the top 10 to reshape the draft. Also, the Browns may take Allen at one and the Giants are a wild card at two. As of right now though, I feel like these players match these teams.
Focusing back on the Bills, I fully expect them to make a move into the top 10. How far up they may go and for who is a major question, but I hope their draft goes something like this.