Buffalo Bills fans have been seeing some confusing tweets from Richie Incognito, but Brandon Beane cleared up the situation on Monday.
What a weird offseason it has been for the Buffalo Bills.
Jones seems to be in the clear as he is at the team’s voluntary workouts today. As for Incognito, he didn’t go through with what he said in a tweet from over the weekend.
This seemed to be a bit of trolling on Incognito’s part, but based on everything he has said it is hard to know what is truth and what is trolling.
Brandon Beane decided to clear things up today when asked about the situation,
The Bills didn’t waste any time last week when putting Incognito on the reserve/retired list. So even if he wanted to show up and be back on the team, he wouldn’t be able to do so right away.
Beane isn’t here to mess around and if Incognito decides to go back on his retirement he will have to give a real commitment to this team. Unlike the fake one he gave in March.
There should be no hard feelings between the Bills and Incognito. He gave this team some great years and if he is retiring due to health issues, no one should fault him for that. However, the team needs to figure out who will be on the offensive line in 2018 and there is no time to play games.
It appears as if Incognito is just messing around, and he has every right to do that. But don’t expect Beane to be begging the veteran to reconsider his decision. It is time to move forward and with the draft in just over a week, new plans are already in place to beef up the offensive line.