Aug 16, 2013; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Buffalo Bills wide receiverKevin Elliott
(18) gets taken off the field with a injury during the first half against the Minnesota Vikings at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Sports
It is no surprise that we are at that time of roster cuts and beginning to get down to the 53-man roster.
More from Buffalo Bills News
- Buffalo Bills were ready to trade back if they couldn’t get Dalton Kincaid
- Grading Buffalo Bills drafting Dalton Kincaid in 2023 NFL Draft
- How the Buffalo Bills can win Day 1 of the 2023 NFL Draft
- Buffalo Bills having conversations about trading for DeAndre Hopkins
- Buffalo Bills Draft Rumors: Bills linked to this shocking first round target
The Buffalo Bills, yesterday, started to begin their roster cuts and thin out those players that just didn’t make the cut.
The first two were players that really didn’t show too much but were also in positions that had a lot of competition. Wrong place wrong time, possibly but either way they are no longer Bills, at least at this point.
Edawn Coughlin was the first causality of the roster cuts. Coughlin played at the tackle position. The tackle position was one that saw upgrades this year through the draft and with one guaranteed spot going to Cordy Glenn, and with another somewhat reserved for either Erik Pears or Cyrus Kouandjio, and one of these as a back up, there was really only one spot that was available and with the play of Seantrel Henderson so far, there really wasn’t any real shot for Coughlin.
Kevin Elliott, WR was the other causality yesterday to begin the cutting process. Elliott has been with the Bills before and played in 13 games back in 2012 and was able to reign in 10 catches for 108 yards. Elliott seems to be wrong place wrong time as well as the Bills upgraded this position during the offseason as well. Elliott was fighting really for only two available spots and going against Chris Hogan and T.J. Graham. With 11 WR still on the roster, we will see this position slim out real quick as 7 of these receivers are fighting for 2 spots.
I expect to see the Bills continue to slowly cut players fort he rest of this week to get some of the boarder line and bubble players more reps against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers come this Saturday.
Who will be the next player to get their pink slip? I think we see at least 2 more receivers and another offensive lineman. I wouldn’t be surprised with one or two defensive lineman getting cut as well.