Oct. 14, 2012; Glendale, AZ, USA; Detailed view of a Buffalo Bills helmet and footballs on the sidelines against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Ronnie Hurd is the editor for Ebony Bird, which is the Fansided Blog for the Ravens. Ronnie was able to do a question and answer with us for the up coming match-up against the Ravens. Here is what the Ravens guru had to say.
1. With Ray Rice returning to practice this week, where does it stand for his workload against the Bills? Will Pierce get the majority of carries?If Ray Rice is healthy, then you can expect him to get the majority of the carries in Sunday’s game against the Bills.
2. Who has been a surprise player so far through three weeks?Linebacker Daryl Smith has been the most surprising player on the Ravens in the past three weeks. Coming into this season, there wasn’t a lot expected from Smith. He was replacing one of the best linebackers in Ray Lewis, and was injured for a good portion of last season with the Jaguars
3. Fans are aware of Flacco and Rice, but who should Bills fans watch out for that is flying under the radar that could make an impact this week?Marlon Brown, an undrafted rookie wide receiver out of Georgia, is someone who has been flying under the radar for the Ravens. He started off strong with a touchdown in each of the Ravens first two games of the season, then only caught two balls for six yards in last weeks game against the Houston Texans.
4. What are three keys that the Bills need focus on to help beat the Ravens this week?
Attacking The Secondary Early:
The Bills must go into this game with some sort of aerial attack. The Ravens secondary has been improving each week, but still has some loose screws to it. Specifically defending the tight end position has been a problem through out the first three games. Because of that, the Bills might want to test the Ravens secondary by throwing to Scott Chandler early in Sunday’s game.
Game Plan For Terrell Suggs:
Keeping track of Terrell Suggs will be a must for the Bills this Sunday. He has recorded a sack in each of the Ravens first three games, and has been playing lights out in those games.
Stopping The Run:
For the Ravens, this game against the Bills will be the perfect opportunity for the duo of Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce to shine in the running game. Defending the run has been one of the Bills biggest problems, if not the biggest, through out their three games.
5. What are your Ravens/Bills predictions this week?
What most people don’t know is Buffalo is a very tough place to play at. They have the leagues most passionate fans, and the team always fights till the finish. While I do think the Ravens will win, it will be a tougher match-up than people expect it to be.