I had the Buffalo Bills in the loser category yesterday, but what changes can happen in a day! Stevie Johnson is shipped to San Francisco for what could be a 3rd round selection making the Sammy Watkins move a bit more palatable. They also got an extra pick back in this draft by swapping places with the Rams making the Mike Williams trade seem logical. I like that the Bills are movers and shakers and I like the two selections they made.
The big winners are the St. Louis Rams. They used their selections wisely. They added size on day one and speed on day two. Lamarcus Joyner can flat out fly.
The Houston Texans also did well. Su’a-Filo is a fantastic selection at the turn and Louis Nix could be the steal of the draft.
The biggest loser might just be the New England Patriots. It seems strange to be spending a second rounder on an unproven backup. Jimmy Garoppolo may turn out to be a great heir for Brady, but I can only see a smug look from Belichick in this draft saying, “Our team is set, let’s draft for the future.” They look like they are wasting picks and taking chances.
- Any wind in the Cleveland sails was taken away by Josh Gordon. (You know he was very close to being a Buffalo Bill)
- All the best to Stevie Johnson. He is a great story of a 7th round selection making it.
- I think no one wanted to select Marqise Lee in the first round for fear he would drop the hat and jersey handed to him. Good luck in Jacksonville.
- The Baltimore Ravens defense just got better.
- I was sad to see Troy Nicklas go to Arizona. I liked the kid and was hopeful he would be in Buffalo.
- The Oakland Raiders are not doing too badly. Not flashy, but Derek Carr and Gabe Jackson are solid picks.
There was a lot going on in Buffalo yesterday. I don’t anticipate the same action today from Doug Whaley, but you never know.