Super Bowl 48 is only 2 days away. While surfing the internet I found 48 trivia questions that the NY Daily News published regarding Super Bowl trivia. I though, in honor of the occasion that I would share it with all of the BLD fans and readers.
Also a interesting fact that I came across on Buffalobills.com was that the Buffalo Bills and NY Giants were the last fist place teams to play against each other in the Super Bowl. Since then, there have not been another number 1 ranked AFC team facing a number 1 ranked NFC team. Thanks Chris Brown.
Here it is, with the answers below, 48 trivia questions about Super Bowls and Players of past. Again, got all of these questions from NY Daily News.
1. Who is the only quarterback to play in the XFL and also on a Super Bowl champion?
2. Name the four players on the Super Bowl XXI champion Giants who played in the USFL.
3. Name the only team to have won Super Bowls on all the major networks.
4. Name the only team to win Super Bowls in four different decades.
5. Name the only team to lose Super Bowls in four different decades.
6. What two former NFL champions were color commentators for Super Bowl I?
7. In Super Bowl VI, the Dallas Cowboys started these three future Hall of Fame players who were all taken in the 1964 draft.
8. These two quarterbacks started in the Super Bowl before AND after playing for the Giants, but never got Big Blue to the big game.
9. Name the four quarterbacks who started in the Super Bowl for another team and later played for the Jets
10. Name the three men who have won the Super Bowl as both a player and as a head coach.
11. Who are the only two teams to lose the Super Bowl despite scoring 30 or more points?
12. Name the two players who played Major League Baseball and also started in a Super Bowl. Hint: both had Super Bowl interceptions.
13. Since the Super Bowl is in New Jersey, name the two Super Bowl MVPs from the Garden State.
14. Who is the only Canadian-born player to win Super Bowl MVP?
15. Name the 6 former Giants assistant coaches who went on to win the Super Bowl as a head coach.
16. Name the only former Jet assistant coach who went on to win the Super Bowl as head coach.
17. These two Super Bowl champions went on to make guest appearances on TV’s “The Odd Couple.”
18. Who is the oldest Super Bowl winning starting quarterback?
19. Who is the youngest Super Bowl winning starting quarterback?
20. What was the first Super Bowl officially called the Super Bowl?
21. Name the two ex-Giants players who went on to win the Super Bowl as a head coach.
22. This Super Bowl-winning head coach played in the NFL, but only as a strike-breaking replacement player.
23. This Super Bowl broadcast team can be heard calling play-by-play of the Super Bowl in the 1978 film ‘Heaven Can Wait.’
24. Which was the last former AFL franchise to reach the Super Bowl?
25. Name the only two ex-players who have done play-by-play for a Super Bowl telecast
26. Name the three quarterbacks who started in the Super Bowl then returned to the big game as backup QB for the same team.
27. Name the four quarterbacks who went to the Super Bowl as a backup and later returned to start the big game for the same team
28. Who is the youngest player to start in a Super Bowl?
29. In the “Seinfeld” episode “The Label Maker” what Super Bowl was Jerry forced to attend with Newman?
30. Who is the only starting quarterback in a Super Bowl to not complete a pass?
31. These two Super Bowl starters appeared in the 1974 film ‘The Longest Yard.’
32. The Jets have been eliminated from the playoffs twice by the eventual Super Bowl champion. Name the teams and the seasons.
33. The Giants have been eliminated from the NFC playoffs (so not counting Super Bowl XXXV) by the eventual Super Bowl champion three times. Name the teams and the seasons.
34. Where and when was the only time the Super Bowl was played in the same city two consecutive years?
35. Who was the first player to say the ‘I’m Going to Disney World’ after winning the Super Bowl?
36. Who scored first Giants touchdown in Super Bowl history?
37. Name the two Super Bowl MVPs who played in the USFL.
38. What was the only Super Bowl in which the losing team scored more touchdowns than the winning team?
39. Who was the first player to be the top rusher in the Super Bowl for 2 different teams?
40. Who was the first player to return a kickoff for a touchdown in the Super Bowl?
41. Who was the first starting quarterback to win the Super Bowl wearing a single-digit number?
42. In Super Bowl XVII, NBC started the tradition of planting actors in the stands to plug a show with this guy.
43. Name the only Super Bowl head coach who played in the NBA (and won two championships there!).
44. Who was the first team to score a touchdown on offense, defense and special teams in the Super Bowl?
45. What were the only two Super Bowls without a turnover?
46. Who are the two quarterbacks to win the Super Bowl in the same state they went to high school?
47. Who was the first player to play in 5 Super Bowls?
48. This Super Bowl-winning head coach was hired as the first full-time special teams assistant in NFL history in 1969.
And here are your answers – how many did you get right?