With July almost here, we are one more month closer to the start of training camp and the start of football all together. Trying to keep the mindset on football until then, will bring in the Did you know portion of Buffalowdown. So here are 5 facts some already known by most and others not necessarily known.
Did You Know:
– There was an earlier incarnation of the Buffalo Bills in the old All-American Football Conference that played from 1946 to 1949, the current Bills have no relation to that earlier team.
– The famously successful “K-Gun” offense run by Buffalo Bills Quarterback Jim Kelly was not named for Kelly, but was named for Tight End Keith McKeller.
– In a 1992 Wild Card game against the Houston Oilers, the Bills would be down 35-3 early in the third quarter, backup Quarterback Frank Reich would then lead the Bills to the greatest comeback in NFL history, beating the Oilers 41-38 in overtime.
– The first visiting team to ever win a playoff game in Buffalo was the 1996 Jacksonville Jaguars.
- In the year 2000, all-time great Buffalo Bills players Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed were all cut by the team.
LIKE us on Facebook!
Tags: Buffalo Bills