In our last installment we ask who was the oldest Buffalo Bills Quarterback to throw over 300 yards in a game? Doug Flutie was the answer.
This is our third installment of Buffalo Bills: Did You Know. The factoid for Flutie is just below to give you all of the information from that record setting day.
– The oldest Buffalo Bills quarterback to ever have a 300 yard game is Doug Flutie. In 2000, at the ripe old age of 38, he completed 20 of 25 passes for 366 yards in a 42-23 win over the Seattle Seahawks.
Did You Know?
- In a 52-34 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1991, Jim Kelly became the first Bills quarterback to throw six touchdown passes in one game.
– The first Buffalo Bills running back to ever gain 1,000 yards in a season was Cookie Gilchrist in 1962.
– Running back O.J. Simpson ran for more 100 yard games during the 1970′s than anyother player with 41.
– The first, and through 2010 only, NFL game ever to be played in San Antonio, Texas featured the New Orleans Saints hosting the Buffalo Bills. The Saints had been displaced due to Hurricane Katrina and San Antonio was utilized as an alternate home field site.
LIKE us on Facebook
Tags: Buffalo Bills