Yes, we still have to wait until Tuesday at 4pm before free agency officially opens up, but league wide tampering can begin at midnight tonight. Players will be wined and dined and executives will giving their best sales pitch. Be prepared though, because there will be lots of mis-information from so called “reporters.” Buffalo keeps everything under wraps and lets very little information out into the general public before it actually happens. So fact check your sources and be prepared to be mis-led. On that note, here are some players the Bills may be interested in.
- Mike Wallace – He will garner around $8million in salary, but he only amassed 64 catches for 836 yards last season, well under Stevie Johnson’s production
- Greg Jennings – In his last 5 games Jennings averaged almost 6 catches/game, over 60 yards receiving and 4 TDs. That was with numerous weapons in the Green bay arsenal.
- Danny Amendola – A little on the smaller side, but in 4 seasons Amendola has been a perfect slot receiver with 7TDs and almost 2,000 yards.
- Brandon Gibson – Amendola’s teammate has been a little more successful. In 3 seasons Gibson has 9 TDs, over 2,000 yards and has only missed 3 games.
- Domenik Hixon – He will be asking for more than his 2012 salary of ($612,000), but could still be a bargain. Playing behind players like Victor Cruz, Hixon was still a viable target for Eli Manning with an average of 43.6 yards/game, 2 TDs and 39 recepetions last season.
You can follow me on twitter @DougRox14
Topics: Buffalo Bills