As we approach the Super Bowl in two days, we also approach the selection of the Hall of Fame Candidates. There are currently 17 finalists for the Hall of Fame this year, one being our own Andre Reed. There are 15 modern-era Nominees as well as 2 senior nominees. Here is the rest of the 17 nominated…
· Edward DeBartolo, Jr. – Owner – 1977-2000 San Francisco 49ers
· Kevin Greene – Linebacker/Defensive End – 1985-1992 Los Angeles Rams; 1993-95 Pittsburgh Steelers; 1996, 1998-99 Carolina Panthers; 1997 San Francisco 49ers
· Charles Haley – Defensive End/Linebacker – 1986-1991, 1999 San Francisco 49ers; 1992-96 Dallas Cowboys
· Jonathan Ogden – Tackle – 1996-2007 Baltimore Ravens
· Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills; 2000 Washington Redskins
· Dave Robinson* – 1963-1972 Green Bay Packers; 1973-74 Washington Redskins
· Warren Sapp – Defensive Tackle – 1995-2003 Tampa Bay Buccaneers; 2004-07 Oakland Raiders
· Will Shields – Guard – 1993-2006 Kansas City Chiefs
· Michael Strahan – Defensive End – 1993-2007 New York Giants
· Aeneas Williams – Cornerback/Safety – 1991-2000 Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals; 2001-04 St. Louis Rams
For Andre Reed, there are two other WR in the group that could possibly bump him for another year.
Per HOF rules, ” No more than five modern-era nominees can be elected in a given year and a class of six or seven can only be achieved if one or both senior nominees are elected”.
“The Selection Committee will meet in New Orleans, La. on Saturday, February 2, 2013, to elect the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2013. The election results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. ET (4:30 local time) during a one-hour NFL Network special, live from the Super Bowl Media Center”.
Buffalowdown.com will keep you posted on the news coming from New Orleans and will follow-up with the decisions of the selection committee.