The Bills have released a depth chart that was apparently approved by head coach Chan Gailey. Now, these preseason depth charts really don’t mean much, but it does give a bit of a look at where players stand heading into Thursday’s preseason opener.
A few points of interest:
– Tyler Thigpen is currently listed second at quarterback, ahead of offseason addition Vince Young.
– In the wide receiver sweepstakes, we see that Donald Jones is currently slated to start opposite Stevie Johnson. David Nelson and Derek Hagan are on the second string, while T.J. Graham and (surprise!) Ruvell Martin are third-string. A bit interesting to see Martin ahead of Marcus Easley.
– No surprises on the offensive line, but note that Chris Hairston is still listed as the starter at left tackle, ahead of rookie Cordy Glenn.
– The most noteworthy thing on defense is that rookie first-round pick Stephon Gilmore is a starter at cornerback, along with Aaron Williams. Terrence McGee is second-string, along with Leodis McKelvin.
– LB Danny Batten is likely in real trouble, as he’s fourth-string at outside linebacker. He really needs to impress in preseason games.
Anything else jump out to you, Bills fans?