The 2011 season can just go ahead and end now.
The Bills’ historic collapse continued Sunday, as Buffalo fell to the Dolphins 30-23. The game really wasn’t anywhere near as close as the score indicated, as the Dolphins pretty much dominated from beginning to end. Buffalo rallied a bit in the 4th quarter, but really never threatened.
The major storylines from this one:
- If you want a positive from this game, it was C.J. Spiller. He racked up 91 rushing yards (on just 12 carries) as well as 76 receiving yards and a pair of touchdowns. The Bills are going to have a tough time keeping him off the field in 2012…what will happen with Fred Jackson?
- Ryan Fitzpatrick…sucks. His final numbers (316 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT) don’t really tell the story. His interceptions were AWFUL. He missed open receivers and made brutally bad decisions. If the Bills draft a QB in the first round of the 2012 Draft, Fitz only has himself to blame.
- Chan Gailey seems to have lost his mind. I’ll never understand why he stopped giving Spiller the ball.
- The Bills still can not stop the run. Freaking Reggie Bush ran for 203 yards and a backbreaking 76-yard TD run in the fourth quarter.
- Dave Rayner. Remember that article I wrote yesterday about him taking Rian Lindell’s job? Ignore that after Rayner missed a freaking 26-yard field goal in the middle of the field today.
Well, this disaster keeps rolling along. The visit from Tebow and friends next week should be fun.