Well, they didn’t get blown out.
The Bills certainly put up a fight today in the Meadowlands, but came up just short with a painful 28-24 loss to the Jets. The defeat drops the Bills to 5-6 and probably ends any hope of the postseason.
There will be a ton of discussion about this one in the week to come. Here’s what everyone will be talking about:
- Stevie Johnson. The man’s going to be a national lightning rod this week. First, he caught a touchdown against Darrelle Revis. He then proceeded to celebrate with a dance in which he pretended to shoot himself in the leg – mocking Jets WR Plaxico Burress. It drew a penalty that pushed the kickoff back. Later, Johnson had a huge drop on the final drive that would have given the Bills a much better chance to score.
- On that kickoff, replacement kick Dave Rayner screwed up and somehow blasted the ball into a Jets player 10 yards away. The Jets recovered and proceeded to score a touchdown almost immediately.
- C.J. Spiller. He looked good today despite no blocking whatsoever.
- The offensive line SUCKED in this one. The pass protection was okay, but the run blocking was brutal and the unit drew way, way too many big penalties.
- Ryan Fitzpatrick was much better today than he has been recently. But he missed Johnson for a late winning touchdown.
- The defense continues to suck. Just no pass rush whatsoever. Mark Sanchez was almost never touched.
A lot to talk about, and we’ll get into it all later this week. For now, feel free to vent in the comments.