Nothing but good news from the first quarter of the season opener, as the Bills have opened up a 14-0 lead on Kansas City.
A few observations:
- The Bills got off to a great start as Corey McIntyre forced a fumble on the opening kickoff. Kelvin Sheppard got the recovery on his very first NFL play. The Bills took advantage with a four-yard TD pass to TE Scott Chandler.
- The Buffalo defense has been fantastic so far. The run defense has been stout and the Chiefs have gone nowhere in the passing game.
- Fitz looked a bit shaky early, but came back with an excellent TD pass to Stevie Johnson.
- Two injury concerns: CB Terrence McGee is hurt and out for the game. LB Shawne Merriman left the game shaking his arm at one point.
- Fred Jackson is an amazing player. That’s all.
- Chris Kelsay (!?) has been great so far. I can’t believe that will last.