Of course, Rinehart is just happy to be getting his chance to shine. “I came in expecting to compete for a starting spot or at least get into the rotation,” said Rinehart. “That was just done a little different this year just having the same guys with the ones and the same guys with the twos. So I just need to take advantage of the opportunity of getting reps with the starters.”
In other practice news:
- The injury list continues to swell. Not practicing: WR Craig Davis, WR Roscoe Parrish, DB Justin Rogers, LB Kelvin Sheppard, TE Shawn Nelson, TE Zack Pianalto, WR Kamar Aiken, OT Chris Hairston and K Chris Hazley.
- In a bit of terrifying news, OLB Shawne Merriman left practice halfway through with an injury he claimed was minor. ”It’s a little tight,” he told BuffaloBills.com. “I didn’t play much Saturday, but coming out here I got a good workout early and I’ll see how I feel (Wednesday) and just go from there.” The Bills are being super careful with him – understandably – so he might not see much action this week.
- By at least one account, the Bills offense had a pretty bad day Tuesday. Joe Buscaglia of WGR 550 writes, “During the closing team drills, the quarterbacks and receivers were out of sync, and the blocking was even worse. It was an off day to say the least. Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick looked good with solid throws up until the 11-on-11s started.” Bad days are going to happen early in camp, but this is still a bit concerning. This offensive line situation could be a disaster.
- TE Scott Chandler had a bunch of catches working the underneath routes in practice today. Fitzpatrick seems to like throwing to this guy, and he’s pretty much a lock to be the opening day starter at tight end.
- Undrafted rookie OLB Robert Eddins keeps making plays to get himself noticed. He racked up another sack today, tagging out Levi Brown. Again, I have no idea if this guy is anywhere close to making this roster, but the man keeps making plays.
- The Bills practice again Wednesday night at 7:15.