So I’m feeling extremely depressed after reading today’s awful news from the labor front. I’m becoming very concerned we’re not going to have football in 2011.
In my despair, I turned to Youtube in search of something to cheer me up. And boy, did I ever find it:
(I’d usually just embed the video…but that doesn’t seem to be working right now. Sorry.)
A few thoughts on the video here:
– Man, are those sideline jackets and hats UGLY.
Dear Early 1990s,
We don’t miss your style. At all.
Love, The Present Day
– How stupid were the Oilers’ special teams? You’re up 25 points in a playoff game, and you don’t even consider the possibility at all that the Bills might maybe try the onside kick?
– The Oilers’ body language is pretty terrible. And it starts looking terrible as soon as the Bills recover the onside kick. Keep in mind the Oilers were up 35-10 in the second half at the time.
– The Buffalo crowd is freaking amazing. They clearly never gave up, even down 32 points. You can tell they hadn’t been beaten down by failure the way current fans have been.
– I had forgotten Thurman Thomas didn’t really play at all in this game. Kenneth Davis was pretty great.
– As bad as the Oilers played in the second half, they still had a few chances to win. That franchise was cursed.
I really enjoyed watching that. I’ll have to see what else I can dig up on Youtube to share with you all.