Well today is Thanksgiving, and if your like me, your on your way to your family or friends house with a pair or gym shorts to change into as you enter your food coma after the delicious Turkey Dinner.
So as we approach this holiday, I thought I’d take a moment to express what I’m thankful for as a Buffalo Bills fans.
1. The players. Yes the Bills started out 0-8, but over the past 4 weeks, what other team in the NFL has been playing with such passion and heart to never give up, especially when they find themselves down by 3 touchdowns in the first half of games.
2. Players of Bills’ past. If your like me, you follow each and everyone of the Bills players (new and old) on various sites such as Twitter. It brings me great joy to see the excitement and pain ex-players like Thurman Thomas and Darryl Talley feel week by week as they continue to bleed red & blue.
3. The fans. Without the passionate fans of Buffalo that continue to support this team throughout the years, the Bills might of had a new home by now. Let’s continue to fill the seats and support our beloved Bills.
Check out the rest of the list after the jump
4. The game of football. How lucky are we as fans to have the NFL to turn to every Sunday? It is one of the greatest sports in the world, and every game means so much that you can’t help to fall in love with your team as well as break-up with your team so many times a year.
5. Family. As in my family. Football has been a mainstay in my life for as long as I can remember. From playing tackle football in my basement with my brother, to playing Madden ’94 on Sega against my father, to receiving every endless Bills gifts from my mom, to falling in love and marrying a girl who unfortunately had no choice but to love the Bills, but now won’t even turn her back on them, especially now that we are expecting a little Bills fan to be joining us January 24th! I already have her little Bills Cheerleading outfit set for her to wear next season!
So from all of us at BuffaLowDown to you at home, we wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!!